Wednesday 4 February 2009

Success at last...

It is such a relief that the market last weekend was a success. I'm not driven by sales, as my husband says, glass is a self funded hobby for me, so as long as I can afford to feed my addiction and melt more glass I'm happy. But the downturn in economies everywhere, but particularly the USA, where most of my online customers were from, has online sales drying up to less than a trickle. And as laid back as I am about sales, there are only so many glass beads I can use myself, so having an outlet for them has really increased my impetus to torch and make beads.
I think that having a regular outlet is going to encourage a burst of creativity from me, and the market itself is a fantastic atmosphere, full of creative people producing beautiful things.
Having a face-to-face venue has also meant I need to make some jewellery again - something I haven't done for awhile. So, here are some pics of new bracelets I have made - they are available from the market or through my website - just drop me a line on my website at http://www.solarflarecreations.com.au/

No comments: