Tuesday 11 August 2009

21 days and counting till I take off for the USA, and I am getting very excited. I have been feeling very out of sync in the studio lately, feeling like nothing was working, but the urge to get gifts/trade beads/stock for the market has meant Ive been in the studio almost every day for the last 4 days and I'm feeling like my groove is coming pack. As I am well aware, torching is NOT like riding a bike, repetition definitely helps in a big day and torching regularly is the best way to get over a hump. Now I'm feeling confident that I will be able to keep up at Glasstock and come home with a wealth of new ideas and skills to try. I am also excited that I have had some jewellery accepted at Philip Stokes Studio Glass Gallery and I may be undertaking a beginners glass blowing course there in November. I've decided to decide once I get back from overseas and see how much damage I have done to the finances. :) It's something I have wanted to do for awhile, though I doubt it will pull me away from making beads. I think that there could be a great cross pollination of ideas and skills though, so I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hope your trip is wonderful....if your in the pacific NW I hope you'll look us up...
mona & the gaffer girls