Thursday 3 September 2009

Beautiful Oregon & Beautiful People

I arrived in Oregon yesterday. After a 14 hour flight to LAX and a 4 hour layover, I hopped on a flight to Portland. I was met by Maggie, a wonderful lady who had offered to put this stranger from Oz up for the night and drive me down the coast to Glasstock the next day. On the way home we had great lunch, and stopped at the Dahlia farm for some photo opportunities.
My room for the night was Maggie's adorable studio, which has an amazing view.
As does the hot tub I had a good soak in before bed. Ahhh, this is the life. After 31 hours up, with only catnaps on the plane, I was ready for a good 12 hours of sleep. I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to go.
Today we drove down the coast the Newport, stopping along the way to enjoy the scenery. We got some great views od the coast before the fog started to roll in.
We went to the opening party at Deb's, and then had a very late dinner from the local fish and chip shop. Not quite what I'm used to from the local place at home - the one thing I recognised off the menu was calamari... I didn't expect full tubes and whole octopus with tentacles, but it tasted good....
Off to bed now - Glasstock starts tomorrow!!!

No comments: