Monday 4 July 2011

The next adventure

I have changed time zones so many times in the last day that it's very hard to keep track how long ago I left home. I think it's about 30 hours, give or take. I am heading to the US once again, to attend both education and glass related conferences. Heading to London first to visit a dear friend who has been away too long, and the most economical way to do that, was a round the world ticket via Asia and Germany. Expected to lurk around the airport in hong kong, but by a fortunate coincidence, my boss was on the same flight, and she kindly took me under her wing and showed me the abbreviated sights. We took a taxi up to the top of the peak, to see some amazing views of the city, and went to 'times square' for dinner. That was an adventure I itself. The restaurant we chose, because of the dumplings on the menu, specialized in a kind of hot pot soup, and you cook your dumplings in it. We didn't have time for that, so they brought us a noodle soup with some dumplings in it. The waiters English wasn't as god as we thought - I asked if they would be pork and he said yes, but they ended up being prawns. I am not a fan of seafood, but they were obviously very well made and I managed 2 before the fishiness overwhelmed me. I was very grateful for the chance to see a little of the city, it always frustrates me to be stuck in an airport in city you have never seen before.... Case in point, I'm writing this from Munich airport, waiting for the final leg of my trip to London. Aim traveling with my iPad and a borrowed netbook ( to present at the conference with) so I won't be able to edit any of the pics I post first - they'll all be 'nude' so to speak. :). Will add some pics of Hong Kong when I have had a chance to download them.

No comments: