Monday 8 September 2008

Bring On Christmas...

I know we all usually start complaining around this time of year, that Christmas is hitting the stores earlier and earlier. So why on earth would I be saying bring it on, in September? Well, because when Christmas does get here, it will mean the crazy months of Sept, Oct and Nov are all behind me. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get through the next couple of months without going stark raving mad (or 'crazier' - better get in before anyone else does...). This week we have interim reports due, and I have a heap of major projects at work - big grant applications and the like to get finished. I've got Bronchitis at the moment, which is wearing me down, and I'm going to be helping out in the kitchen at a feast on Saturday. Calamity Jane is on in early October, so I am rehearsing 3 times a week, and by this time next month, it will be every night, in anticipation of opening night on the 10th. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I have also just been cast in the upcoming PEP show, which is on a month later - so just 2 months to put together a show, whilst Calamity is racing for the finish line. Just as I get those 2 nailed down, it will probably be time for end of year reports. At least that will mean the end is nearly in sight. I am really going to be looking forward to the Christmas vacation this year. Hopefully Jason and I will be heading to New Zealand after Christmas, so I will hold onto that thought when I get the urge to throttle a few students in December....

No comments: