Thursday 24 January 2008

Inspiring Colour

I took a little drive to Doncaster this morning, to get some glass from Lily at Hotbeadbox. I have been scraping the bottom of the barrel with my Morretti colours for quite some time, so it was way past time I stocked up. It has been well over 2 years since I made a substantial glass order. Ive bought bits and pieces, stocked up on fundamentals like black and white, and bought glass back from Lauscha in January and from The Gathering in August. But it was getting pretty hard to plan sets when I didn't have enough rods of anything to make more than a few beads....
Anyway, I'm happy as a clam today after stocking up, and as I had the glass spread out on the kitchen table, I found the colour ranges really inspiring. I see a set of pink, purple and yellow beads in my future - doesn't that combination look gorgeous?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Like a rainbow! Can't wait to see what you melt up!

RJ said...

I love the colours too!! I can't wait to see what gorgeous things you create out of these glass rods!

Happy torching!!